Thursday, May 14, 2009

Forgot to mention my "Good Find!"







I totally scored big time yesterday~! But before I get tons of questions like: "Those aren't sustainable!" "Why do you need a dishwasher?" "HOW are those "Green"?". For starters..REMEMBER...I said we were a traditionally SUPER busy family of five, and it's my desire to show the normal family of five ways to be sustainable and more environmentally friendly, while still living la vida loca! hehe The appliances are Energy Star, (which was a bonus!) and studies have shown that LESS water is used in a dishwasher than in hand washing your dishes. And with the amount of dishes my family produces..(AND trying to stay away from plastic/styrofoam etc... disposables) a dishwasher makes perfect sense! And for the price...for those most interested in budgets, I got a great deal! Yes...I could have found even MORE used ones, for pennies...BUT they would have been energy suckers, and low life left. I'm getting QUALITY appliances for a great price!
Here we go! was able to find ALL of my appliances for the new living quarters! I found an ad on Craigslist for a full set of matching appliances...a side by side w/water and ice in the door (Elite version), matching range, microwave, and dishwasher! They're coming out of an upper crust housing addition about an hour away! The wife want's all stainless steel, so they're replacing them! Anyways...I got them ALL for only $700! I went there yesterday to look and pay for them! The timeframe works out great too! They don't have their new one's yet, and we don't have a place to put them yet...he asked if they could have two weeks! SURE...WHY OF COURSE YOU CAN! Considering I don't have a place to store them yet~! Appliances....CHECK! Thank God for his Blessings!

No comments: