Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Grass is here!!! The Grass here!!!!!

Well...I received my package from wheatgrasskits.com yesterday!!! I'd also ordered 5 pounds of flaxseed (as directed by the The Gabriel Method). It also bought the book ""Wheatgrass Nature's Finest Medicine" by Steve Meyerowitz" so that came with it too! There were five trays and 15 pounds of wheatgrass berries!

I spent all evening and morning reading that book! It WAS a good book...as far as information on the discoveries of wheatgrass juicing, but I don't think it'd be a book I'd read again! It's basically a synopsis of people/scientists/dr's etc... who have discovered the benefits of wheatgrass throughout the past 100 years. There was a lot of information about the benefits of grass being included in several passages of the dead sea scrolls which were interesting. The biological make up and nutrient makeup of grass and a lot of information like that...but quite frankly...a real hard read, and nothing that I wouldn't (or haven't) found on the internet in my searches anyhow! So sadly, I'd have to say...save your money and put it towards your wheatgrass juicer!! hehehe

Tonight I will start the seeds soaking, which will take approx. 8-12 hours, and plant my first batch tomorrow! I'll try to take pics of it as it grows! I THINK that I'll have to start new flats every two days or so, so that I have a continuous stock of wheatgrass! I'm soooooooo excited!!! I can't wait! One thing that I DID get from that book, is that I might want to get some powdered wheatgrass concentrate to supplement with. It won't contain the "live force" that my homegrown wheatgrass does...but according to that book, it DOES contain the majority of the nutrients and benefits as homegrown! We'll see!

No comments: