Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another long day finished!











My...oh my...what a day! (and it's not even close to being over yet!) Woke up early this morning, and drove to the BMV to get plates for the trailer that my Dad sent from Tennessee. Met Tobey, Dale and Diana, and cousin John back at the High School to finish loading up all the cabinets!

I'm extremely relieved to say that we are ALL done removing the cupboards and lockers! YEA~ So after lunch, Tobey went home to take a nap, and me and Jacob set out to dig up more shrubs and landscaping! After the other day's fiasco, and breaking one shovel, I THOUGHT I was being careful...BUT low and behold, as I'm trying to break free my matching shrub, SNAP...yep...broke another shovel! I called home to ask Tobey if we had another at home...and he say's.."you broke another shovel didn't you?" hehehe! I guess I'm just THAT strong! lol Well, a friend of our was there getting his stuff out of the school, and said he was running home, and that he'd grab me some more shovels! So at first...we were happy for the break..THEN...I get this AWESOME idea when I spotted a nice sized chain in the bed of Tobey's truck! So Jacob secured it around the shrub, and hooked it to the truck! A little tug and pull...and Woosh...it breaks free, and we're good to go! Feeling pretty excited and a little proud of our accomplishments, we thought we'd hook it to another "rounder" shrub that I just KNEW would really compliment our other shrubs...so I had him latch on and hook up the chain. A little tug and pull...and Woosh...it also breaks free! I cheered with delight! This was SOOOOOO easy! LOL Feeling pretty confident, we hook it up to a third bush...just as we did with the other ones! A little tug...nothing...a little more tug...nothing. So I'm thinking...OK, I'll just gun it. So I put the pedal to the metal and...SNAP! ...You've got to be kidding me? I broke the chain! (and we're not talking a little swingset chain! This puppy was industrial! Well...CRAP! Once again, I called Tobey..."what did you break this time?" he says! LOL Well, needless to say...We had to do it the hard way when we finally got some shovels!

Ended up pulling a total of those 2 larger skinny pines, and 4 round shrubs, 5 more rafia grass thingy's and a boat load more tulips!

So Jacob, Dakota (my "4th child") and myself drove out the land to get everything planted! The boys were a great help and really saved a lot of time digging by myself! We got one side planted, and were heading over to the other plot, and BAM...I'm on the ground! hehehehe I sooooooo totally twisted my ankle! OUCH! Took everything in my power to keep my lips sealed! hehehe BUT the good part was that Jacob and Dakota had to finished the last two shrubs on their own, while I sat there in the dirt tending to my bum leg! LOL

For the most part, it's been a very productive week! The room's finally cleaned out, several shrubs have been saved from demolishion, and we're ahead some great cabinets, and tons of other things! ...albeit...we're down 2-shovels, a chain, and an ankle! :) Oh...I almost forgot! Dale, Diana and I also removed the 4 windows that were in my room! Just the glass though! They're a perfect size for a solar cooker, and my solar hot water project! At least the "trial" ones! The bigger solar hot water collector will need glass from a sliding glass door or something big like that!

So now we're sitting here at the park! Jacob and his friends are playing basketball, and Jenna and her cousin are playing on the toys! (and I was able to find a connection from somewhere!) As soon as Zach is done with play practice, we're headed back out to the land to have a bon fire and eat pudgie pies and hot dogs! YEA! I don't think we're going to stay out there tonight, as I think I really want a hot shower and warm bed! Besides...I have a bum leg! hehe Toodles!








No comments: