Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

Wow..I got a lot done today! I spent the day cleaning up our backyard and going "kung foo" on my overgrown Wisteria trees! Last fall they had invaded our gutters, and started their travels up our roof! I'd heard that a strong pruning would help wisteria bloom. It's been 5 years, and they haven't bloomed yet...sadly...I HOPE we're not here to finally see them bloom! I cut them back to the extreme...whew, it was a lot of work though untangling that mess!

After that, I went about dividing all of my hostas and sedums here at the current house, and packing them in a tub to plant at the homestead. Then I went up to the High School to start digging up all the shrubs I could find. So me, Zach and Jenna started diggin! We started with the ornamental grasses. These were a lot harder to get out of the ground than I'd thought they'd be! But I think it was from all the rocks and stones and not being able to slam that shovel in! Then we tackled a bunch of tulips...my goodness did I get a lot of tulips! And there are still more! The HARDEST one to get was the evergreen bush. It's not a normal "Christmas tree" looking tree, but tall and thin! One shovel broke when we were trying to get it out! But we finally got it out! I'll have to go back tomorrow though and dig up the other one. I just didn't have it in me to tackle another tree! LOL Lastly, I dug up several smaller "plume like rafia looking grass! Even though they weren't growing right now...I'd remembered what they looked like from shooting several seniors in that locatin!

THEN came the FUN part! (total sarcasm) I begged Tobey to drive out to the land and help me plant all this stuff! He was quite the "unwilling" partner, and didn't find digging holes very appealing for his afternoon activites! hehe But as the good hubby he is...he finally conceeded to helping me out! And BOY was I happy to have the help, cause that wind was something CRAZY out to the land! (We're DEFINATELY getting a windmill!) And BRRRRRRRRRRRRR was it cold!

So here was are trying to QUICKLY locate/plot/dig/and plant everything in a "made up on the fly" design! I knew I wanted landscaping on both sides of the driveway, so that's where we settled. I actually think that it'll look just great where they are! YEA! BUT...I didn't get everything planted! It was just toooo windy! So my hostas and sedum will have to wait till tomorrow!

So anyways...here are a few pics of all my free landscaping! I'm going back for seconds tomorrow! Sorry if this post is kinda "blah"...but I'm just plain tuckered out! :)

No comments: