Tuesday, March 17, 2009

GREAT FINDS!











We recently attended the Auction for our old High School, since we moved into our new school! I bought the entire Home Economics Room (minus appliances) for $130.00.
There were 5 kitchen stations FULLY stocked...with EVERYTHING you would need! Pots, Pans, dishes, bakeware, utensils, etc... We're salvaging all the cabinets for our living quarters, and I LOVE the old farmhouse sink! (That'll go in my kitchen) I'll use another sink for my "outside summer kitchen" to wash vegy's, and for the kids to clean up before coming in. I've already blessed two young adults going off to college with all their kitchen supplies, the Youth For Christ Cabins got some stuff, and another Christian Summer Camp got some stuff...and I still have 7-8 BIG boxes of stuff!
I work real hard at finding good deals, and recycling/repurposing items I find free or cheap! What I can't use...I find someone to bless!

4 comments:

WrethaOffGrid said...

Wow! What a great deal, you have the golden touch. I just found your blog, and no, I'll not be waiting for you to fail (grin), I hope you succeed beyond your wildest dreams!

I'll be reading more on your blog. :)

Wretha

B-Green Acres said...

Wretha...wow...what an honor! EVERYONE...this is WRETHA!!! Wretha was my inspiration and example with blogging! I'm so excited to have you here! Everyone...check out Wretha's journey at http://wretha.blogspot.com/

WrethaOffGrid said...

OK OK, stop it, my head doesn't need to get any bigger... LOL

I'm glad that I was able to inspire you, now you get to inspire other people too. :)

BTW, I am way jealous of you, what a great deal you got, how did this come about? Are they tearing this school down?

Wretha

B-Green Acres said...

LOL...seriously though...THANK YOU for being here!

They've been building the new school 2 years, it's REALLY an awesome new school! And since (for some reason) they weren't able to take ANYTHING from the old school, so the school board decided to have auctions, with all the proceeds going back to the operating fund for the new school. They held the elementary school auction in Feb, which everything went REAL high, and I only got one of those "expanding gate" thingy's that go across a hallway to block people from going through. I'll use it in the studio as a prop...Seniors LOVE the "industrial" look, and it'll be handy to hang all the sports stuff from. Got that for $20. Then they held the HS auction last weekend. Things went a little cheaper, and I was able to get this room. Which was the room I wanted! I also got a wall of 12 lockers for $5.00, and a couple other things. I also keep an eye out for other auctions/flea markets/garage sales/craigslist/kijiji/ebay for other deals. They're all bookmarked, and I try to check them daily for good deals! Right now, I'm second in line to get 10 solid core 6-panel white doors and frames from a bank remodel for $100. She's suppose to call me back today if the other person doesn't show! YEA!