Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What an exhausting afternoon!






Well, we didn't get ALL the cabinets moved tonight, but we did get a good majority of them moved! Getting them apart, and free from the floor and walls was the hardest part. That took the majority of the time! We had a lot of helpers...Dale and Diana (they were our baby sitters since Jenna was a baby, and have become very good friends to us!)(you'll probably hear their names alot!) Cousin John, Stacy who's a childhood friend of hubby's, and our son Jake and his buddy Andrew (who'd NEVER even swung a hammer before! (Now THAT was hilarious!) I'll post a few pics of how the upper cabinets came out, and then I'll post the rest of them in my photo albums (link on the right!)

We really had a blast tearing everything out! Unfortunately, due to the SOLID construction (they just DONT make them like they used to!) ...we did lose the "bump outs" from the L-shaped cabinets. It was a hard sacrifice...but it was necessary to salvage the straight runs. I still feel fortunate to have as many as we do! We enjoyed pizza and rootbeer together during one of our breaks!

We'll move the rest of the room on Saturday, since they're not open on Thur or Fri. Oh yea...(and this is awesome...) with a little "schmoozing" I was able to get permission from the Superintendant to dig up all the landscaping I wanted from both the High School and Elementary school! YEA! So, tomorrow afternoon, me and one of my best friends, Missy, (also a school teacher here) are going DIGGING! There's ornamental grasses, hostas, iris's, shrubs (I'll only take the small ones) and tons of other plants and shrubs. Even though I don't know EXACTLY where everything will go, I'm just going to plant them on the land, then I can always transplant them later! But GOOD GOLLY, FREE LANDSCAPING! I'd be a NUT to pass that up! See...it never hurts to ask! The only thing better than cheap...is FREE!

So here are some of the pics from this afternoon's work!

No comments: